Today has been the first day of baking in quite some time. Baking has always been a challenge, don't get me wrong, but if you think that making cupcakes is something complicated and you see it as something impossible, that's because you've never baked a recipe as straightforward as the one.
Seriously, these are fantastic! You can store them in the freezer and them warm them in the microwave when needed. They are scrumptious when heated, but if you are on the run, they are also great at room temperature.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 20 mins
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
pinch of cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven at 180ºC. Prepare a 12 cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
2. Put butter and caster sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour into the bowl.
4. Beat the eggs and vanilla until combined and then add to the bowl of flour.
5. Add cinnamon and cocoa powder.
6. Spoon mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
7. Leave to cool.