Today I bring you a classic. A cod dish that can be prepared in a short time and is also very practical. As a side dish it has spinach with raisins and pine nuts that you can prepare beforehand and in larger quantities. This way you can save some portions for another day or for other recipes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the Catalan spinach:
55g pine nuts
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves. crushed
4 large handfuls baby spinach leaves, rinsed and shaken dry
For the cod:
4 cod filletsolive oil to brush fillets
olive oil to fry
salt and pepper
1. Put raisins in a small bowl, cover with hot water, and set aside to soak to soak for 15 minutes, drain well.
2. Meanwhile, put pine nuts on a in a dry skillet or frying pan over a medium heat. Dry-fry for 1-2 minutes, shaking frequently, until toasted and golden brown. Watch closely because they burn quite easily.
3. Heat oil in a large lidded skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes until golden in colour, not brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
4. Add the spinach to the oil with only the rinsing water on its leaves. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted.
5. Uncover, stir in the drained raisins and pine nuts and continue cooking until all the liquid evaporates. Season to taste and keep warm.
6. For the cod, brush fillets lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Heat olive oil in frying pan and set to medium heat. Fry cod until flesh is opaque and flakes easily.
8. Divide spinach between 4 plates and place cod fillets on top.