I don't want to sound cheesy but this recipe is a piece of cake. Really, it can be prepared within half an hour but then there is, of course, the patience needed while it sets in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. Avocados are always in season with this warm climate here where I live but it is only recently that I have started to appreciate just how adaptable this fruit really is.
This fruit gives both a velvety surface and rich flavour to whatever they're added to, for example, a quinoa salad recipe. In any case, did you realize that they can likewise add the same attractive qualities to sweet pastries, for example, this delightful no-bake cheesecake?
The avocado is velvety and suits the texture of this cheesecake perfectly. The taste of the avocado in this creamy delight is floating in the background of this lovely treat but it is, in fact, the lime that is the star of the show.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: None
200g digestive biscuits
80g unsalted butter
150ml whipping cream
1 sachet gelatin powder
300g cream cheese
200ml whipping cream to mix with the avocado
1 medium avocado
Zest of 2 fresh limes
Juice of 2 fresh limes
220g white sugar
1 lime for garnishing
1. Break the digestives into blender, add the butter and blitz.
2. Empty the mixture into a 9-inch round springform tin and press into the base back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Combine 150 ml of whipping cream and gelatin powder in a saucepan and stir until the gelatine granules have dissolved. Bring to the boil over medium heat, continually stirring until the gelatin has melted completely. Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve into a small bowl.
4. In a food processor, combine avocado, cream cheese, sugar, the 200 ml of whipping cream, lime juice and lime zest until smooth and well combined. Add the gelatin cream mixture and continue mixing until everything is well combined and smooth.
5. Pour the avocado lime cheesecake mix onto the prepared biscuit base and smooth the top.
6. Place in the fridge for at least four hours. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.
7. Grated zest from lime to garnish.