Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan and fry the onion until it is translucent but not browned.
2. Add the field mushrooms and garlic and continue frying, around 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the dry sherry, turn up the heat and let the soup boil; this burns off the alcohol in the dry sherry but still keeps the flavor.
4. Leave to cool and then transfer to a blender. Whiz into a smooth paste.
5. Add the vegetable stock and blend until smooth, then add the parsley and the cream and blend together.
6. Pour back into the saucepan and heat gently.
7. Add to 4 separate bowls, add parsley leaves for garnish. Serve with crusty bread.