After eating out at an Italian restaurant on Saturday it seems like I am fixated. Pizza at the weekend, which was just ok. Spaghetti with asparagus and anchovies last evening here at home and today's lunch is gnocchi. I have made fresh gnocchi before but packet gnocchi saves on time management. Delizioso!
250g packet gnocchi
2 garlic cloves
10 fresh basil leaves
1 cup of grated Parmesan
6 slices prosciutto, or parma ham
3 tbsp olive oil
ground black pepper
1. Cook the gnocchi in rapidly-boiling salted water for about three minutes. You will know the gnocchi is ready when it floats to the top.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and sauté the garlic until soft.
3. Meanwhile, cut the prosciutto into thin strips
4. Chop the basil leaves into small pieces.
5. Drain the gnocchi and add to to the sauteed garlic and toss until coated with the oil.
6. Add the prosciutto and toss in the pan.
7. Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle the parmesan and chopped fresh basil on top.