Who doesn't love cheesecake? Baked and no-bake cheesecakes have completely different textures. Baked, like this one, has a dense texture while the no-bake cheesecake is light and airy.
For me, I prefer no-bake but that doesn't mean that baked cheesecake is not good. It's great!
For the base:
375 g digestive biscuits
175 g unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
500 g cream cheese
200 g caster sugar
300 ml whipping cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
freshly grated nutmeg
1. Process the biscuits in a food processor. Add the melted butter and continue to process for another 10 seconds.
2. Press the mixture into the base of a 23 cm (9 in) shallow spring-form tin. Place in the fridge for an hour.
3. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together, then add the eggs and cream and beat for about 4 minutes. Fold in the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour the mixture onto the chilled crust. Bake in a 180º C oven for an hour without opening the oven door, until the cheesecake is golden brown on top.
4. Turn off the heat and let the cake stand in the oven for 2 hours. Then open the oven door and let stand for a further hour. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and then serve. This works great with lashings of cream and some strawberries.