This one may look like it may be too straightforward to keep an interest. It maybe one thing you’d eat as a result of you “ought” to, however it tastes like one thing you’ll try again and again. The cumin adds a rich, smoky Indian flavor. It can be served with a spoonful of plain yogurt and flat bread.
Prep Time: 15 minsCook Time: 20 mins
4 tbsp olive oil
3 slice white bread, crusts removed, cut into small cubes
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
3/4 tsp ground cumin
Drizzle of white wine vinegar
550 g cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Sea salt and pepper
300 g spinach, washed
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the bread for about 5 minutes until golden brown all over. Add the garlic and cumin and cook for 1 more minute until the garlic is lightly browned.
2. Transfer to a food processor along with the vinegar, and mix to a paste.
3. Return the bread mixture to the pan and add the drained chickpeas.
4. Stir until the chickpeas have absorbed the flavors and are hot, then season with salt and pepper. If the consistency is a little thick, add some more water.
5. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, check for seasoning and serve.