This will please any sweet toothed cheesecake lover out there - three different textured levels of chocolate: Oreo biscuit base, creamy filling, smooth topping and grated chocolate. Paradise on a plate.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 65minutes
Setting Time: 8 hours
For the Base:
24 Orio biscuits
55g unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
900g mascarpone/cream cheese
300g icing sugar
3tbsp cocoa powder
4 eggs, room temperature
280g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
For the Topping:
200g heavy cream
150g bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
Instructions for the Base:
1. Pre-heat the oven 350F/180C , grease a non stick spring-form pan with unsalted butter and set to one side.
2. Crush the Orio biscuits in food processor. Add the melted butter and blend until moistened.
3. Press crumb mixture onto base of prepared spring-form pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing the filling.
Instructions for the Filling:
1. Melt the bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the mascarpone and sugar until smooth, then mix in the cocoa powder.
3. Add eggs, one at a time and mix with electric blender on low speed to combine everything.
4. Pour over the biscuit base and smooth the top.
5. Bake for 1 hour, or until centre is set and top looks dry.
6. Remove from oven, run knife around edge of cheesecake and place in refridgerator for at least 8 hours. Overnight will work fine here!
Instructions for the Topping:
1. In a medium sized pan, stir together the cream, chocolate and sugar and heat until fully melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Leave to cool and then pour over the cheesecake.
3. Return to refridgerator to cool, when done run knife around sides of spring-form pan and then gently remove.
4. Garnish with grated chocolate.