This pork stir-fry with is inspired by those popular Asian noodle bowls, but improvised a bit on the fly, using vermicelli instead of soba noodles.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
100g vermicelli, cooked
100g minced pork
2 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp sesame oil
50g fresh ginger, chopped
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp chilli bean paste
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1. Marinade the minced pork with the rice wine. Add some soy sauce and sesame oil.
2. Next, heat some olive oil in a deep-based frying pan and gently fry the ginger and garlic.
3. Add the peppercorns.
4. Add the marinated minced pork and cook until brown.
5. Add a little more soy sauce for more flavour, if desired.
6. Add the chilli bean paste and rice wine vinegar,
7. Add the vermicelli, mix together and cook for three minutes.
8. Serve with a few sprigs of parsley and a teaspoon of sesame seeds, if desired.
Note: Although rice wine and rice wine vinegar have similar names, they are in fact not the same thing.