Discover new flavours with this chicken breast marinated with herbs, a light and delicious recipe. I'm sure there are many of you who think of chicken breast then think of some boring and ineffective diet that had you eating it grilled without any kind of fun day in and day out. It's your day today so hang on and read on.
Undoubtedly, a problem with chicken breast is to make it juicy, because it is quite easy for it to become as dry as the sole of a shoe. There are many tricks for cooking chicken so that it is always juicy, but on this occasion, we are going to rely on external seasoning and also on good time management.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
For the chicken breast:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 lemon, zest only
2 chicken breasts
For the hot potato salad:
100 ml olive oil
250 g new potatoes, parboiled in salted water, sliced
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the pesto:
100 ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
handful fresh chives, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the chicken put the olive oil, chilli flakes, lemon zest and chicken into a medium-sized bowl, mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a griddle pan, add the chicken breasts and griddle for each for 4-5 minutes on both sides until cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
3. For the potato salad, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the sliced parboiled potatoes and pan fry for 8 minutes until golden. Add the balsamic vinegar and season well. Cook for a further 1 minute.
4. For the pesto, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Divide the potatoes between 2 serving plates, topped with the chicken breasts with the pesto served on top.
1. Parboiling is simply boiling vegetables in salted water for 5 minutes.
2. When zesting a lemon, zest the yellow part of the skin only, not the white pith underneath.