If you have lunch or dinner with friends and you have to prepare a dish to complete the menu and share it among all of you, I'll have to warn you that if you prepare these potatoes and mushrooms and serve them simply as a starter, they will fly.
Today's recipe is for the lazy, for those who still don't dare to try more complicated recipes, or simply for those who don't feel like cooking. This potato and mushroom side dish can be used to accompany any fish or meat if you eat it. If you follow a vegetarian diet, prepare a veggie burger and you will have a complete dish.
Another option is to complete this dish with egg. You can use the base ingredients to prepare a potato and mushroom scramble. Or simply prepare a grilled egg and a poached egg, served on top of this vegetarian meal.
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
large onion sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
225g sliced cremini mushrooms
1. In a large, non-stick griddle, sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes and then add the mushrooms and garlic. Keep cooking for about 10 minutes.
2. Pour in the wine and cook just until it evaporates.
3. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper to the mushrooms and keep frying, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and reduce the heat to low. Cover with a tight lid and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
5. Let it rest for 5 more minutes, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Note: utton mushrooms or portobello mushrooms are a good alternative for cremini mushrooms.