Baked mushrooms are a dish that uses one of many ways to prepare mushrooms in the kitchen. This dish in particular satisfies the people who try it, through its intense flavor and pleasant texture. In addition, baked mushrooms are recognized within the kitchen for being extremely simple and fast to prepare. This way, it is a good option for those people who want to do something special, but do not have time available.
Mushrooms are one of the most complete foods, as they provide an enormous amount of vital nutritional properties. Among the main benefits are its excellent mineral values, such as phosphorus, iron, potassium and sodium.
In addition, mushrooms also contain trace elements such as chlorine, boron, manganese, sulfur and zinc. All these nutritional properties help to stimulate neurocerebral activity, while regulating the digestive system and preventing anemia.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
90g grated Parmesan
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp fine leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus more to garnish
1 tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tbsp for drizzling
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
225g ciabatta bread
1. Preheat oven to 400ºC. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet
2. In a bowl combine the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic, herbs and lemon zest.
3. In another large bowl combine the lemon juice and olive oil. Add the mushrooms and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Add the cheese and herb mixture and toss again once more.
4. Turn the mixture onto the baking sheet. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake the mushrooms until tender, 5 to 10 minutes more, depending on the size of the mushrooms.
5. Meanwhile, tear the bread into bite size chunks and place them on another baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons of oil and lots of pepper. Place it in the oven for the last 10-15 minutes of baking, or until the bread is golden and crisp on the outside but still a little soft in the middle.
6. Just before serving, place the baked bread on a large platter and serve the mushrooms and their juices (if there are any) over the top. If desired, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with more parsley, rosemary and thyme.