This is exactly the type of dish I like to serve. Quick, easy and as most pasta dishes are, it is versatile. A nice alternative would be to replace the prawns with 200 grams of prepared squid rings and the courgette with 400 grams of coursely grated pumpkin and simply follow the cooking instructions.
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
400g dried linguine
3 tbsp olive oil
200g peeled raw king prawns
2 garlic cloves
finely grated rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
400g courgettes, coursely grated
50g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat until the surface of the oil seems to shimmer slightly.
3. Add the prawns, garlic, lemon rind and chilli, season with salt and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until the prawns turn pink.
4. Add the courgettes and butter, season with a little more salt and stir well. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
5. Toss in the pasta and stir until the butter has melted and all the ingredients are well combined and serve immediately.