Instead of having more relaxation time nowadays, I appear to have less. Like nearly everybody I know, I am working awkward hours so when at home I simply feel like collapsing in front of the TV.
Some people feel that simple cooking takes more time to get ready rather than the typical meat and two veg yet this is simply not true. A considerable amount of recipes on this blog can be arranged in a reasonable amount of time - pasta dishes are no exception.
Conchiglie pasta? I didn't have any here but any pasta shapes will do the trick so that wasn't much of a strain on the brain, thankfully after that long day in the office. So, it's time to sit down and relax. Now where is that remote control...?
Preperation Time: 10 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
200 g smoked salmon
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
juice and finely grated rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
375 g dried pasta
75 g wild rocket leaves
salt and black pepper
1. Cut the smoked salmon into thin strips and out in a large serving bowl.
2. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients except the pasta and wild rocket leaves.
3. Season with salt and pepper and leave in a cool place for at least 20 minutes for the flavours to mingle.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions until el dente.
5. Drain the pasta and then toss with the rocket leaves. Serve immediately with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.