It takes 14 carats to make a soup very rich! And to make a mint...? Okay, jokes aside this delivers flavor from both ends of the scale, depending on how many carrots you use of course. And the mint...well it is really used as a garnish here but it does add to the freshness of this colorful and rich textured soup.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1kg carrots, coarsley chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
1 large orange
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add carrot and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until just soft.
3. Add stock. Bring to boil. Add to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until carrot is tender.
4. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Puree until smooth.
5. Juice orange. Add to soup. Place over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Top with sprigs of mind and a drizzle of cream.