Lot's of desserts are excessively sweet yet these on their own are not. Superbly offset with the coconut with a velvety texture, the marginally chewy mochi and external covering enables the flavour to linger in your mouth. It is the blackcurrant jam (or any kind, of course) that will add the sweet touch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
For the mochi dough:
110 ml glutinous rice flour
175 ml water
1 tbsp sugar
vanilla ice cream
1. Put all ingredients in a cereal bowl and mix together,
2. Cover bowl with cling film and seal tight.
4. Microwave for 5 minutes under medium heat.
5. Remove cling film from bowl and loosen edges of mochi with a spatula. This will be a disk shaped form of dough.
6. Place mochi disk on a floured surface. Cut disk into quarters.
7. Place a small scoop of ice cream onto each quarter of the dough. Seal the mochi pieces tight and form into ball shapes
8. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and place on serving plate with blackcurrent jam.