This is truly divine and increases my passion for cheesecake. It does require a bit of an effort to make, yet oh, isn't this super scrumptious? One cut will have you longing for more, I guarantee.
I found this recipe on the BBC food website and simply love it, on the
grounds that the cake is less overwhelming on the stomach than most of
the cheesecakes I have tasted before.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
600g cream cheese
25ml Bailey's Irish Cream
100g icing sugar
300ml double cream
100g dark chocolate, grated
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the crushed digestive biscuits. Stir to coat the biscuits with the melted butter.
2. Remove from heat and press the butter and biscuit mix into the base of a round 7-inch springform tin. Put in the fridge and leave to set for an hour.
3. To prepare the filling, whip the cream cheese and then beat in the Bailey´s Irish Cream and icing sugar. Fold in the double cream and grated dark chocolate until smooth.
4. Remove the cake tin from the fridge and smooth the cream mixture on top of the biscuit base.
5. Refrigerate and leave to set for a minimum of two hours. When set, sprinkle with some more dark chocolate.