I don't know why, but plates of such a simple salad like this simply win me over every time. It certainly has been a long while since serving olives in a summer salad, but I could keep eating this until the end of eternity.
We have a complete blend flavors and textures - it's my way to express affection. The tang with the sweet, the salty, and the velvety. The pepper crusted chicken is of course the star of the show here and the saltiness of the soft feta cheese compliments it's peppercorn crunchy texture.Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
For the pepper crusted chicken:
2 tbsp olive oil, with extra for drizzling
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Rub chicken breasts with a little extra olive oil, then rub skin with crushed peppercorns.
2. Place chicken breasts into heated pan, skin side down and fry for 5-10 minutes. Turn over and cook other sides 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
3. Slice chicken breasts and keep to one side on a plate.
For the Greek salad:
10 black olives
1 large avocado, pitted and diced
1 large tomato, sliced
100g feta cheese
2 limes, juice only
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine olives, diced avocado, sliced tomatoes and feta cheese. Set to one side.
2. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly to one's taste.
3. Pour dressing over salad and mix lightly.
4. Serve salad with pepper crusted chicken placed on top.