This attractive plate of food is one of my favorite winter dinner recipes. There are very few ingredients here which can of course be altered to one's own personal taste. With very few ingredients and very little cooking it's also good to know that it can be all done on one pan which will save on clean up time aswell.
Prep Time: 20 mina
Cook Time: 20 mins
2 chicken breasts
12 pitted black olives
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 small handful basil leaves
freshly ground black pepper
8 slices prosciutto
2 tbsp olive oil
For the Tomato Sauce
4 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp water
1. To butterfly chicken breast, place on a chopping board and with a flat hand on top, insert a sharp knife into the thicker end. Gently slice through the chicken breast being sure not to cut the whole way through to the other side.Open out the breast which will now resemble a butterly. Repeat the procedure with the second chicken breast.
2. Lay 4 of the prosciutto slices side by side, slightly overlapping. Place butterflied chicken breast on top. Repeat this process for the second chicken breast.
Divide the olives, chopped tomato, basil and seasoning between the two chicken breasts. Fold the each breast over and roll tightly in the prosciutto slices.
3. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook each chicken breast until golden brown. Remove from pan and leave to rest.
4. Place the tomato puree and water in a pan. Allow to heat through, continually stirring.
5. Divide the tomato suace between two warmed plates. Slice chicken breast on the diagonal and place on top. Serve with crusty bread to soak the remaining sauce.