One of our most loved weeknight suppers at home is this basic smoked salmon and fettuccine recipe. In case you're using ready made fettucine, the whole recipe can be thrown together in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta. Basic as it seems to be, this dish is exquisite to eat on it's own or as a starter dish of a three course meal.
50g sun-dried tomatoes
2 egg yolks
1 bunch asparagus
500 ml heavy cream
30 g butter
110 g smoked salmon
salt and pepper
1. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain, slice and set aside.
2. Cook the fettuccine
3. Beat the egg yolks and add to the cream.
4. In a large pan, melt the butter; add the pasta, the egg yolk and cream mixture, the Parmesan and the sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Mix everything together being careful that the sauce doesn't thicken
6. Remove from heat and add the slices of smoked salmon. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired and serve immediately.