It´s 37º C, a real scorcher of a day here. This colorful dish has brightened the day even further with even a little extra heat from the chilli paste. This recipe is only for one so simply make the necessary adjustments if cooking for more people.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10-30 mins
For the curry paste:
1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bunch coriander root, chopped
zest of one lime
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp fish sauce
For the turkey:
1 turkey breast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp curry paste (see above)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
100 g pineapple from a tin, segmented
1 clove garlic, sliced
40 g mixed lettuce leaves
handful fresh coriander
handful fresh basil
handful fresh mint
For the dressing:
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1. For the curry paste, use a food processor to blend all of the paste ingredients.
2. For the turkey, heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add the turkey breasts and cook for about 5 minutes until golden and becoming crisp.
3. Add one tablespoon of the curry paste and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well and set aside.
4. For the salad, mix together the ingredients in a bowl.
5.For the dressing, mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss the salad.
7. Serve the turkey breast with the curry paste on top next to the salad