It has been a pretty miserable day here so I wanted to cook something to warm my insides. Hot food has a special place in my kitchen and my heart.
This risotto dish satisfied a table of three today and made everyone happy. I hope it brings a smile to your face as well.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
8 slices prosciutto
1.5 litres chicken stock
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
600 g sweet potato, peeled and diced
440 g arborio rice
75 g Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp shredded sage
shaved Parmesan cheese, extra to serve
1. Place the prosciutto under a grill and grill for 1-2 minutes each side until crispy.
2. Heath the chicken stock in a saucepan. Cover and keep at a low simmer.
3. Heat 60 ml of the oil in a large saucepan. Add the red onion wedges and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until softened.
4. Add the sweet potato and arborio rice and stir through until well coated in oil.
5. Stir in a ladleful of the hot chicken stock and cook over a moderate heat, stirring continuously. When the stock has been absorbed stir in another ladleful. Continue this for about 30 minutes until the stock has been added completely and the rice is is creamy and al dante. You may need to add a little more stock.
6. Stir in the shaved Parmesan cheese and two tablespoons of the sage and season with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon into four bowls and drizzle with the remaining oil.
8. Break the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over the top with the remaining sage. Top with extra Parmesan shavings.