Pasta may be a traditionally Italian dish but it is not surprising that people from all corners of the world have taken to it as a firm favorite. It is the perfect convenience food; easy to prepare and extremely versatile. It makes a great meal for any occasion, be it a quick and simple after-work meal or a great dish for a dinner party.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
375 g dried spaghetti
375 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 5 cm lengths
5 tbsp olive oil
50 g butter
1/4 tbsp crushed dried chillies
2 garlic cloves, sliced
50 g anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
75 g Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions until al dente.
2. Spread the asparagus out in a roasting tray with the oil and dot with butter. Scatter with the chillies, garlic and anchovies and cook in a preheated oven, 200º for 8 minutes until tender.
3. Tip the asparagus mixture and all the juices into a bowl. Drain the pasta, add to bowl and combine.
4. Squeeze over the lemon juice and season with salt.
5. Serve with a scattering of Parmesan shavings.