Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
2 lemongrass stalks
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 red chillies, finely chopped
5 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
40 g fresh coriander, root and leaves separated, roughly chopped
150 g cashew nuts, soaked in a small bowl of water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
600 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
500 g tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 lime, juice only
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
300 g jasmine rice
1. Soak the cashews in a small bowl of water.
2. Place the lemongrass, garlic, red chillies, ginger, onion and chopped coriander into a food processor and blend to a paste.
3. Add the soaked cashew nuts and blend once more to a thick paste.
4. Heat the wok and add the vegetable oil and when smoking add the sliced chicken breasts. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
5. Add the curry paste and continue to stir-fry for two minutes.
6. Place the tomatoes into the same food processor and blend to a purée.
7. Add the puréed tomatoes to the wok and cook the mixture for a further two minutes until sauce has slightly thickened.
8. Meanwhile, place the jasmine rice into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until rice is tender, about 10 minutes
10.Just before serving, season the curry with the lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce. Stir in the chopped coriander.
11. Serve the chicken curry with the jasmin rice.