Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
4 tuna steaks
115 g of sesame seeds
olive oil for shallow frying
100g rocket leaves
For the coriander salsa:
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp of virgin olive oil
1 tbsp of lime juice
chilli jam (optional)
1. Cut each tuna steak into three pieces. Place the sesame seeds on a sheet of baking paper or plate and roll the tuna steak in the sesame seeds to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. To make the salsa, place the tomato, garlic, coriander, oil and lime juice in a bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Fill a heavy based frying pan with 1.5 cm with the oil and place over a high heat. Add the tuna steak in two batches and cook for 2 minutes each side (it should be pink in the center). Remove and drain on paper towels.
4. To serve, divide the rocket leaves among four plates and arrange the tuna on top. Spoon the salsa on the side and serve immediately.
5. Top with a teaspoon of chilli jam if desired, and season.