25 g butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
750 g sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 firm pears (500 g), peeled and diced
750 ml chicken or vegetable stock
250 ml cream
fresh mint to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until softened but not brown.
2. Add the sweet potato and pear and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add the stock to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato and pear are soft.
3. Cool slightly and then place the mixture in a blender or food processor and blend in batches until smooth.
4. Return to the pan, stir in the cream and gently reheat, without boiling.
5. Season with salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh mint.